Sunday, November 30, 2003

Adaptation: I loved this movie. This is the Nicolas Cage that I love. I haven't seen him since Leaving Las Vegas (although I have high hopes for Matchstick Men). I couldn't help wondering how strange it would be to act opposite yourself; not because I didn't believe that he had a twin brother, rather because my mind always drifts to how I would shot or act a scene. Add to that, as sad as it is, my relating to Charlie (Cage), and it's no wonder I'm smiling.

Meryl Streep was amazing, as usual. Chris Cooper won an academy award for his supporting role. This movie was enjoyable at every turn. I saw Being John Malkovich, so the scenes on the set of that movie were really neat. Speaking of Malkovich, both it and Adaptation really muck with your perspective. This movie follows the development of screenplay (an adaptation of a novel), but the screenplay is this movie's screenplay; so when the screenwriter's done, the movie ends. It's hard to explain, and more than a little trippy, but it's so lively and funny that I wholeheartedly recommend it. Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment