Tuesday, November 25, 2003

The Mummy Returns: You know, I'd forgotten about this one when I was ranting about that Agent Smith fiasco in The Matrix Reloaded. As in that one, the animation completely snaps you out of most of these scenes. Of course the final scenes with the scorpion king qualify like no others in the movie, but, watching it the second time, even scenes like those with the dirigible look terrible. Actually, before I leave the scorpion king, I think the most grotesque part of the whole production was the way that thing tried to imitate Dwayne's expressions. *shudder*

All that aside, though, I did enjoy the movie. I don't think I got over my disappointment at Dwayne's small part the first time around. I could appreciate the good in it this time, like Oded Fehr's performance; where the heck did that come from? It stood out sharply amongst a lot of over-the-top performances, in my opinion. I loved that curved sword of his; some sort of scimitar, I guess.

And speaking of the good, how can we forget watching a girl give undying love the boot to save her own skin (momentarily)? Hollywood's just never been big on that sort of thing, even from evil wenches. :-) Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment