Friday, November 21, 2003

Third Watch: O.K., no more justifying why TV shows appear here; apparently I watch more TV than I thought.

This is only the second time I've seen Third Watch, but something about it really grabs me. The cops, especially. The scenes are definitely no frills, and the cops make mistakes, but all that makes for some really tense scenes. As my wife said, "Oh man, someone's going down."

When a guy walks out into the street in broad daylight and starts firing an AK-47 (or similar assault rifle) at an approaching cop car, when bullet holes start appearing instead of explosions, it's really scary. The same goes for wood paneling flying from a shotgun blast, right where a cop had been standing a moment before. You look at the aftermath and know that cop would've died.

I'm not saying this show's going on my calendar, but if I happen to catch a glimpse of it while I'm surfing, I'll definitely flip it back. Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment