Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Kate & Leopold: Well, I must say that this one surprised me. Frankly, the premise, as portrayed in the trailer, was silly. The movie, on the other hand, let the characters shine; the time-travel premise really took a backseat. The dialogue was sharp, Brecklin Meyer as Kate's brother was so... full, and Jackman... He used silence, he expressed so much. In my opinion, he made the film.

Meg is always fun to watch, but all her characters are attached; little threads, like her muttered words, here in a taxi cab, in bed as, Fight, fight, fight! in You've Got Mail, or the perfectly-offended expression that Kevin Kline saw - long before Jackman was a big-screen star - in French Kiss, resonate among them. Don't get me wrong: I love those films. Truly! But the result is that Meg needs a good counterpart to carry a film, and she got it in Jackman. Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment