Wednesday, December 17, 2003

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King: Well, the culmination of three years has come and passed. I am definitely getting older. This time just flew! Not that I didn't anticipate these films; they just arrived more quickly than, say, The Phantom Menace did (my last, truly great, opening night experience).

I don't remember this book as well as the other two, so you won't find me pointing out discrepancies here. No, while I realized that the ending didn't quite match the book, I thought it was a very satisfying end to the movie...

The performances were outstanding. Sean Astin had such a role to play (as Sam)... I can hardly believe how well the material worked on the big screen. Hats off to Fran and Philippa (and Peter too, I guess)! :-)

I don't know what else to say... Other than, I'll be seeing it again very shortly. :-) Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment