Sunday, December 14, 2003

Survivor: Three hours... The finale was definitely the best of the three I've seen, though; worth my time, and a lot of fun.

But, before I get to that, there was Lill, who finally did something, finally stepped beyond that malleable whiner: She won immunity (in a physical contest, no less). Her talk of being strong... That annoyed me more than any other aspect of this season, but she finally put her money where her mouth was. And she also had a very good point: It's easy to judge from your couch. That's one thing I was telling my wife: I'd be proud of the focused, intelligent performance Jon gave us. Where Lill looked simple-minded, he was a mastermind. It's easy for viewers to judge - and they will - so you have to hope that your best performance looks good on film (or that your money feels good in the editors' pockets).

I was surprised at how well Sandra and Lill stood up to questioning. Some of their answers were better than others, but when the jury was done, I found myself thinking about particular answers and nodding: Lill's closing remarks were very focused, Sandra's admission about the part luck played in her getting there was heartfelt; both very well done.

I was also surprised at how well Osten handled the finale. Heck, I don't know if I would've shown up. But, people, it is a game. On that note, I hope Jon makes the All-star Castaway list. He played like I hope I'd play; as Christa said, "I wished I'd thought of [the grandmother lie]." I'd also like to see Savage come back. That guy really gave it his all. And then to sit at the finale and say that he could've been better, that he'd learned a thing or two... That man has character and integrity. Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment