Thursday, January 01, 2004

8 Mile: Not a bad movie. The scope of the story was limited, but it still managed to satisfy. I thought Kim Basinger did a great job, although I doubt Mrs. Mathers appreciated the portrayal. Eminem was also very believable, very real, although I have to wonder how much of a stretch this was for him.

You know, I don't often comment on sex, but I found the quickie scene to be really good. Seriously; it's hard to hit a scene like that, but I think Eminem and Brittany Murphy did it. Another scene that I enjoyed was when B-Rabbit (Eminem) was writing Lose Yourself. I expected the song to play in the background as he scribbled, but instead, they played the music of the track and sporadically played the lyrics - even mixed some up - like he was writing it right there, on the spot. A nice touch, I thought. Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment