Sunday, January 04, 2004

Anything Else: Well, I just spent a minute at the Internet Movie Database to confirm my suspicion: this is the first Woody Allen movie I've seen. It took me a while to warm up to it, but I have to say that I enjoyed it. (I was going to say really enjoyed it, but no, that's stretching it.)

This is the first movie I've seen in a long time that had me saying, Well, that's an interesting shot. If there's one thing I can say about Allen, it's that he's not afraid of having an actor deliver a line offscreen. Lots of great angles, lots of shots that lingered just long enough to capture an actor's reaction to a line (instead of immediately cutting to the speaker). Oh, and another great moment: Falk (Jason Biggs) is typing away on his computer when his word processor converts a hyphen to an em dash! For someone who works with Word daily, such an accurate portrayal of working with a computer is refreshing, to say the least. :-) Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment