Thursday, January 29, 2004

The Apprentice: Well, I liked this show a lot more than the last one. Again, I was completely out of my depth, but I was entertained.

It's funny, though, watching Trump morality. A handshake is etched in stone, (possible) lies of omission enter a grey area, and people's lives (setting the liability issue aside) are... What? Certainly not fair game, but endangering them is excusable. I don't know... I didn't get a good sense of how drunk some of the girls' customers were, but the owner's face spoke volumes. Drinking on the job? Eh. It didn't look like they were out of control. Sending people out the door when they can barely stand? Not good.

I thought Trump was gonna call 'em on it... I was convinced that that was what the golf-day meeting was about. Turned out it was about another good point: it's one thing to win competitions by showing a little skin (and I'm not saying that's the only reason the girls've been winning, but it sure ain't hurtin'), it's another to do it for a living; a bad thing? Not necessarily. A Trump thing? Apparently not.

Hats off to the girls, though. They recognized the potential in liquor sales and went for it. Let's see how Nick handles the hot seat next week. Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment