Sunday, January 04, 2004

Meng long guojiang (1972): Or Return of the Dragon as it's titled on the DVD I just bought. It's been years since I watched this movie, and all I really remembered was a climactic fight between Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris. That they were like gladiators completely escaped me at that first viewing.

Back then I thought there'd be dozens of Bruce Lee movies to watch. It's hard to believe that when people talk about the Bruce Lee collection, they're really just talking about four movies: Tang shan da xiong (1971) or Fists of Fury, Jing wu men (1972) or The Chinese Connection, this one, and Enter the Dragon (1973). I've watched them all in the last six months, and I can't say that I have a favourite. Although, I've only seen The Chinese Connection once, and the sheer number of guys he's fighting in some of those scenes surprised even me.

I know these movies can be cheesy as hell sometimes, and at other times you're wondering why they gave the over-caffeinated guy the camcorder, but you have to be impressed with their martial art and Lee's physique. Especially in this one, I find his lats are so big that he looks like a flying squirrel. Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment