Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Oprah: Yeah, this is quite the list I've accumulated lately... But I gotta be honest, I really liked this show. It was (taped, first of all, so I don't know when it aired) about having adventure in your life. My favourite segment was the last one on National Geographic's Worlds Apart: an American family flew to Mongolia to live with a local family for 10 days. Just awesome. At one point, the eight-year-old American girl said, They share a lot here. We don't do that in St. Louis. We don't share with our neighbours.

They ended with that common surprise of, Guess what? We've brought the [Mongolian] family here for an on-show reunion! I can't imagine what they thought of airplanes, running water, supermarkets, you name it! Of course, what are we missing? We're distracted at every turn. Whoa! What was that! 2003. Gone. Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment