Thursday, February 05, 2004

The Apprentice: I've noticed something about this show: it seems overly scripted, and that surprises me. It doesn't feel like a Mark Burnett show. Survivor had many things going for it; spontaneity among them, in my opinion. Yes, there were always themes, but tribal council was still a guessing game. This show's highs and lows are in-your-face; it really annoys me at times.

I did like the last ten minutes, however. It just goes to show how you have to think on your feet in the business world. Yes, Kristi did have a good plan going into the boardroom - let Heidi and Omarosa sink their ships, wait for Trump to address her - but it's obviously not the best choice in all circumstances. Me, I wouldn't have been able to switch gears and speak up convincingly. I would've hunkered down, just like her. That final statement from the boardroom was interesting: she didn't speak up in defense, so it was obviously all true. Ouch!

At the same time, I have to give Heidi and Omarosa some credit; especially Omarosa. She was calm, precise and sharp; a scalpel! And Heidi - dirty and obnoxious throughout the show - had just the right words. Strange. More overt editing, no doubt. Oh well, the ending did entertain me, so I'll tune in next week. Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment