Friday, March 12, 2004

Starsky & Hutch (2004): Eh. It had its moments. I've never seen the show, so I probably missed others. Hell of a casting job though, looking at Paul Glaser and David Soul; Stiller even wears that hilarious sweater. :-)

This movie sure had plenty to look at; especially for a 70's lover like me. Heck, I'm still holdin' out hope of gettin' me one of those Zaire '74 T-shirts from the big Ali vs. Foreman fight. I even wrote Sony Pictures asking for one from the Ali set a few years back. I mean, come on, they must've had hundreds... but, no dice. :-/ Anyway, this illusion was complete; I didn't notice any time warps.

There were some relatively subtle jokes too. No one laughed at the scene where Starsky goes to his mom's grave until he pulled out the donut - she was a cop - even though I thought the LOVING MOM quoted with six-shooters line in the epitaph was pretty funny. The steak-knife-throwing kid was a riot too. Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment