Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Kill Bill - Volume 2: Saw it last night, but was too sleepy to write when we got home...

David Carradine as Bill was... just so surprising. I'm used to Carradine as Kwai Chang Caine in Kung Fu: The Legend Continues; not exactly Emmy, or even Gemini, material. :-/ (No, I'm not raggin' the show - I did watch it, after all - but I'm not delusional either.) But the man is truly an actor, and was perfect for this role.

And then there's Gordon Liu as Pai Mei and - the General, I thought, but Johnny Mo for sure, in the first volume: he was great! He wouldn't stop raggin' the Japanese, American women... it was quite a list! The scene where the Bride (Uma Thurman) meets Pai Mei - the whole scene - was hilarious.

As always, I'll be watching this one many times, probably before it's even out of the theatres. And then there'll undoubtedly be a Kill Bill night at the Mayfair. :-) Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment