Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Metallica: St. Anger Rehearsals: It's actually a pretty cool DVD; something you could throw on at a party instead of the CD. It's just a take of each track on the album, but seein' as they're all over five minutes, that's still close to an hour and a half of video.

The Canadian flag features prominently in the background. :-)

The band's energy really comes across... Having never seen them live, it was a cool experience. I think it's at the end of the second track, St. Anger, that Hetfield says, "Please say next." No wonder... 7+ minutes of intense riffs.

A buddy of mine labeled Ulrich "the most boring drummer in the industry." I could be wrong, but I have to think he's dynamic on this album, mixing it up quite nicely. I really like this album. It's my favourite since ...And Justice For All. Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment