Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Battle for the Planet of the Apes: Oh, man... That was terrible! That may have been the worst battle for anything that I've ever seen! I felt like I was suffering from some poison of the mind just watching that ambling advance.

Oh, that story was so weak. How in the world did Caesar (Roddy McDowall) not visit the archives before then? MacDonald (Austin Stoker) just brings it up 12 years later? "Oh, by the way Caesar, you've been talkin' 'bout those parents of yours? Yeah, we can go have a look at them... If ya want. Figured ya wouldn't care, but, eh, thought I'd mention it." And mature apes developing speech - perfect enunciation, no less - in just over a decade? I suppose it fits with their crazy timeline.

Wasn't I just talking about the wealth of material the other day? Why would they settle for this crappy script? Pumping these movies out year after year, I suspect they rushed it. The only redeeming feature, in my opinion, was Mandemus (Lew Ayres), the keeper of the armory. I liked the concept of Caesar's conscience. Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment