Sunday, May 23, 2004

Cambridge Spies - Part 1: Well, I'm glad I taped it; I could stand to watch the first half hour again. Guess I don't watch enough British television... I struggled to catch all the dialogue. That pace is good, though. Keeps up the interest. Throw in a character like Guy Burgess (Tom Hollander) - what a hoot! - and you've got a winner (so far, anyway).

I can't really speak to the subject matter; this is the first I've heard of these men. Mum mentioned that the writer (Peter Moffat) has been criticized by the British public for romanticizing these traitors. To me, they seem very human. Inconvenient, isn't it? When the baby-eating, evil-doers turn out to be people too? In general, I mean; setting aside whether this particular account is authentic. Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment