Friday, May 07, 2004

Man on Fire (2004): Oh, man! What a ride! The title says it all! Creasy (Denzel Washington) is... Well, he's f***ed up in the beginning, but then he's in the zone. The pacing was just incredible. The amount of time they invested in the relationship between Creasy and Pita (Dakota Fanning) - like the bread - was excellent. It made that kidnapping scene; the scene of the movie in my mind.

Trent Reznor was a music consultant on this one, and, just like in The Fan, his Spiral stuff worked beautifully. The scenes where Creasy tries to catch that bullet, again and again... Man, it doesn't get any better than that. Blue Bayou was awesome too.

I'd just attended a briefing on travel safety before I saw this too, eh? When he's under surveillance, I'm thinking, Switch up your route, man! When he's scoping out the intersection for his ambush, I'm thinking, That's one of the cop's choke points. It just added so much, cause there was no way I'd be able to stop him. I spent the movie thinkin', Glad he ain't mad at me! Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment