Thursday, May 13, 2004

Phew! A night without homework! I've almost finished this two-week course I'm taking; brutal reading assignments almost every night. Too many years out of uni (as they say down under), I guess.

Clutch: Live at Barrymore's Music Hall: Saw Clutch last night. (The astute of you may have deduced that I didn't have homework last night either... Good for you.)

What a show! Unbelievable! Gonna have to get my bro f***ed-up drunk next time I see him... I would've missed these guys if it weren't for his recommendation. He told me about them months ago, but it wasn't until I saw them on Pollstar that I finally downloaded a few tracks to see if they'd be worth the ticket price. That, my friends, is the understatement on music for 2004.

I walked in on what I'm assuming was their first set – it so tight, but the lead singer wasn't even on stage – and 10-15 minutes later, the guitarist pounds out this incredible Sabbath-like riff... BAM! It hits me like a linebacker, and I know I'm in for a good show.

These guys didn't let up all night. You could feel the drums in your gut. The sound was so intense. If you have a chance to see them, don't pass it up. They're no bulls**t rock! (Here's hopin' my copy of Blast Tyrant captures it.) Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment