Monday, June 28, 2004

The future of this country! Just like every other Canadian, I would hope. :-) I've picked CBC's Canada Votes coverage of the 38th General Election, and it's actually exciting stuff. If I sound surprised, it's 'cause I am. This lifting of the results blackout gives them lots to talk about (like the brief lead of a Communist Party of Canada candidate in an Ontario riding... I say brief 'cause it's done now, as I type).

I'm also excited because the Green Party took three percent of the vote in Atlantic Canada (up 2.9% from the last federal election)!

Finally, maybe oddly, I'm happy that CBC is flummoxed by the high Liberal numbers. :-) I'm concerned about the power of the media around election time - read media spin - and any evidence of voter power is encouraging. Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment