Thursday, July 08, 2004

Fahrenheit 9/11: I sit here... staring at the screen... not knowing where to start... what to type. I'm upset. This movie - it's not a documentary - upset me as no other has in years; and I'm talking about crying, not piss 'n' vinegar mad (although that's coming). And for that, and the heavy slant he takes, I'm calling Moore a f***ing bastard.

What parent will be able to pull themselves back and ask for more information after seeing this? What caring person won't think of this upset the next time Bush gets up on his high horse? Very few. And it will be for the wrong reasons...

Over a year ago, I wrote about my disgust with Bush's simplicity. But now... after pulling these crying widows, screaming grandmothers, bloody soldiers, and dead children into the mix... Well, what have we got? The truth? That bloody money can be traced right up to the highest level of the U.S. government?

The only truth that was fairly presented in this movie was that war is hell; utter hell. And trying to pitch any personal agenda on the tidal wave of that horror is despicable.

... I won't even type the string of curses bouncing around in my head right now... I've got the worst f***ing taste you could imagine in my mouth right now, though, I'll tell you that. I think Moore's done a huge disservice to civil libertarians everywhere by making this incendiary movie. He's painted us as ruled by our emotions. Bush is not indifferent - or worse, amused - by the American casualties in Iraq; I can't believe that. And yet, look at what Moore's put together...

Obviously some calm reflection is what I need... Maybe on the other side... I'm goin' ta bed...

Update: Sunday, July 11, 2004

O.K. I've had some time to reflect. The stuff on the 2000 presidential election was fantastic. Truly fantastic. But, obviously, it goes downhill. My advice? Have a read of Hitchens' article on the movie if you're still on the fence about seein' it. He makes a lot of good points. Cheers. Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment