Sunday, July 11, 2004

For Love Or Money (1993): Man, Michael J. Fox was on in this one. Scenes like the ticket trading in the park were my favourite. Fox played the concierge at the top of his game to a tee.

Aside: I laughed when Andy (Gabrielle Anwar) delivered her asshole line, but you know what Merriam-Webster lists for the etymology of concierge? Assumed vulgar latin conservius... fellow slave! Ouch!

My wife wanted to know when the movie came out because she was pretty sure that Isaac Mizrahi (pronounced Ms. RA he, for those as clueless as me) wasn't particularly famous at the time. I have no idea... Just thought it was interesting. Plus, I've wanted to have a record of how to pronounce his name ever since I watched Omarosa's flub on The Apprentice. :-)

Anyway, guess that was an aside too... The movie... Um... Well, take its message to heart: good things come to those who live... well, from the heart! :-) Oh, and it helps to have a senile bellhop around when important documents need to be delivered. Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment