Thursday, August 05, 2004

Matchstick Men: Man, what a beaut! Cage was incredible! He played the part down to the smallest detail (e.g., my wife pointed out how he opened doors with his hand inside his pocket). Alison Lohman as his daughter was equally impressive; seriously, she went toe-to-toe with Cage for a big chunk of the movie, and I didn't once question the relationship.
Note: spoilers follow...

Wow! What a finale! I had no idea it would go down like that. There were so many lies - little white ones like Dr. Klein (Bruce Altman) giving Roy (Cage) a placebo - that I didn't see the big one comin'.

I had this idea that their big con with Chuck (Bruce McGill) would go off smoothly, but only with Angela's (Lohman) help; it'd be the next one that'd see her get hurt. (I was fixated on her getting hurt; my wife was squirmin' and squealin' the whole time, thinking something would happen to her... She got her hair pulled, but that's about it.) :-) Oh well, great story. I've never been much good at reading these things. Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment