Thursday, August 05, 2004

A Midsummer Night's Dream at the National Gallery of Canada: A Company of Fools performed the play in the amphitheatre outside the National Gallery as part of their Torchlight Shakespeare series. What an incredible show! Their voices easily projected over even the loudest traffic, and their over-the-top gestures had us all in stitches; seriously, I was laughing so long and hard throughout the 90-minute production that my face hurt. It's been a long time since I laughed like that, and we're talkin' about Shakespeare here, folks. :-)

My expectations were low, to be honest, given the fantastic productions I'd seen from the Shenandoah Shakespeare Express - including my favourite, Macbeth - but the Fools just blew me away. It was just a great time. Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment