Sunday, September 12, 2004

Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (2004): Watched this one on the plane back from Las Vegas - yeah, baby! It was surprisingly funny, making fun of a variety of professions and personalities without missing a beat; I'd daresay I even missed a joke or two, what with all the craning my neck, tryin' to eat, etc.

My favourite line? This closer of Peter's (Vince Vaughn):
Peter La Fleur: "Uh, actually I decided to quit... Lance."
Lance Armstrong (playing himself): "Quit? You know, once I was thinking of quitting when I was diagnosed with brain, lung and testicular cancer all at the same time. But with the love and support of my friends and family, I got back on the bike and won the Tour de France five times in a row. But I'm sure you have a good reason to quit. So what are you dying of that's keeping you from the finals?"
Peter La Fleur: "Right now it feels a little bit like... shame."
Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment