Sunday, November 21, 2004

Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason: A number of hide-the-eyes moments, laughs and smiles; much like the first one. I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one, and, as I typically do, I kept myself entertained throughout much of the middle by trying to determine why that was.

I came to the conclusion that a large part of the movie captured a fresh, but not brand new relationship very well. Too well, you might say. The doubts that can plague these relationships don't necessarily make for good cinema. I also concluded that the soundtrack was strange, taking me out of certain moments. It almost seemed that they were looking for opportunities to insert top-40 stuff at every turn. The one place this worked was during the tussle between Mark Darcy (Colin Firth) and Daniel Cleaver (Hugh Grant): The Darkness' I Believe in a Thing Called Love struck just the right chord of madness. :-) Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment