Sunday, November 07, 2004

Phew! Just poppin' in for a bit, then it's off to the sunny Caribbean! Saw a couple o' flicks on my flight back from two weeks in the U.K.

Spiderman 2: The perfect in-flight movie. In my dozy state, I think I liked it more than the first time. I loved that scene in the bank: funny and action packed. My favourite part was when Doc Ock (Alfred Molina) got hit with the second desk, crashed out the front window of the bank, and then - wait for it - whipped parts of the cab he crashed into back into the bank at Spidey (Tobey Maguire). :-) Wicked stuff.

Other than that, I like how the movie was true to the comic book genre: they cut to the office to show a woman running up to the camera screaming; they have innocent bystanders hauled out of a speeding train and thrown in harm's way. That over-the-top stuff, mixed with stories that teach kids something, is what made comics great, in my mind anyway. Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment