Monday, December 13, 2004

The Venture Bros.: Careers in Science: My coworker burned a bunch of The Venture Bros. episodes for me, saying that they were great, but that it might take me a few episodes to get into it. I have to say, after the scene in Brock's (the voice of Patrick Warburton) cabin - "I hacked up something pink, about the size of a small kiwi, but I don't feel anything missing so I'm sure I'm fine" - I was sold. Heck, every one of Warburton's lines had me smiling at least.

I loved the animation too. It really worked with the humour. And the dialogue was excellent as well. That scene where the woman talking on the cell diagnosed her problem as someone trying to fax her? That was classic! Because it's true! And there's something about the combination of the animation, the dialogue and the story (of this episode anyway) that was very Scooby-Doo. (And that's a good thing, by the way; for whatever reason, I loved that show when I was a kid.) :-) Fantastic stuff. I can't wait to watch the rest of the episodes I have here. Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment