Sunday, January 23, 2005

Battlestar Galactica - Season 1: Episode 2: Water: Well, so far the series is getting poor reviews among my friends. I'm still willing to give it a chance, though. Admittedly, much of this episode was substandard, but it had its moments: my favourite part was the conversation between Commander William Adama and President Laura Roslin about the riots, and why the military and police should be separate.

The characters aren't compelling at this point; I think that's my biggest problem. Unlike the last episode, I felt like they were dawdling this time, especially around Boomer. While I loved the opening, with the water dripping, her scenes were annoying by the end of the episode. I just don't find her believable. Or maybe it's just this "enemy among us" thread that I find tired. Oh well, we'll see. Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment