Sunday, February 20, 2005

Ong-bak: O.K., remember when I talked about how excited I got just watching the trailer for this movie? Well, believe it or not, it was even better than I expected. And for once I'm glad I watched the trailer before the movie, because otherwise I never would've believed Tony Jaa (who's real name is Panom Yeerum) did it all himself, with no stunt doubles, props (beyond weapons), or safety equipment.

The guy punched and kicked a fridge a good distance, jumped over moving cars, did the splits and slid under another, jumped up on and ran along the shoulders of half a dozen guys from a standing position... The list goes on and on. And there were none of these quick cuts between moves to make you sick to your stomach; just well-placed instant replays, in case you missed something. I couldn't have asked for anything more. Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment