Friday, May 19, 2006

Millions (2004): A good yarn. As a coworker of mine says, Anything too affirming strikes me as disingenuous, but, engaging in the - in this case - herculean effort to set that aside, it was a beautiful story: beautiful in its simplicity. The whole thing was told from young Damian's (Alexander Nathan Etel) perspective, and, with that masterstroke, anyone could get on board the train of imagination.

I also fully support the underlying message of the way money muddles folk. I was just talking with another coworker about that very topic over lunch today: how money, and the trappings it can provide - oh, trappings, good word for it, that - strike me as odd beasts to be consumed with. Tail feathers for us peacocks, is the way my coworker put it: an artificial structure, this culture, where one can distinguish oneself as a better mate by playing the game well.

Me, I just keep stepping back and saying, "What, that's it, then?" Maybe I need to watch ... Down the Rabbit Hole again. Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment