Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sin City Re-cut: I don't seem to tire of watching this movie, and this neat presentation added a novelty to what I think was my sixth time through: they broke each of the four stories out to be played individually with any deleted scenes. There was probably a total of ten to fifteen minutes of extra material, and the majority of it added to the experience.

For example, I enjoyed the early scene with Marv's (Mickey Rourke) mom, although, after talking with my friends, it may have worked because his character was firmly established in our minds from previous viewings; it might deal the tough guy image a mortal wound that first time.

That precious extra banter between Klump (Rick Gomez) and Shlubb (Nick Offerman) should've been left in, though; no question. I loved those guys - I laugh at their lines every time I watch the movie - so the new stuff was a treat. Some of the Hartigan (Bruce Willis) stuff introduced repetition, however, so other cuts made sense.

I wonder whether Marv had a name for his gun in the original cut... Anyone remember offhand? Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment