Sunday, June 04, 2006

Cirque du Soleil's Quidam: Extraordinary! While I'd seen many aspects of the show as part of La Nouba, this was still a treat: first, we were so close to the stage! And the beautiful costumes... At one point, this cowled figure slowly arced across the dome of the tent with what must've been a 20-foot cloak hanging down below him or her; it was so eerie and ethereal.

And then there was the couple in that balancing act: so graceful, and such impossible poses. I don't know that I've ever seen a better example of how beautiful the human body is.

I've seen four of these shows now, and each one has been worth every penny (and they've all cost lots of pennies). What surprised me was how well a show can travel: the other three shows I saw were permanent, on stages built specifically for them. All this one had was a metal frame that arced across the tent, and yet, they were able to do such amazing things.

Now, if only I could get my new diabolo working... Those girls made it look so easy. ;-) Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
Comments: Post a Comment